Electrical insulation : basis of the safety in electromechanical industry
An electrical insulator, also known as a dielectric material, is a part of a component or an organ whose function is to prevent the passage of any electrical current between two conductive parts. An insulator has few free charges, they are trapped there, unlike a conductive material where charges are numerous and free to move under the action of an electromagnetic field. It is therefore necessary to protect humans, wildlife and machines from the dangerous effects of electricity in the event of an electric arc.
TechnikElec® offers you sometimes innovative and high performance solutions :
- MIDSUN : self-cleaning paint for high voltage insulators and bird protection covers. World leader in 4th generation silicone electrical applications for HV insulators, lightning arrestors, overhead insulators, cable heads, busbars...
- PPC : medium and high voltage porcelain insulators. World leader in the manufacture of porcelain insulators for all types of applications.
- Teflon PTFE : pre-cut sheets and PTFE tape. We work with Teflon manufacturers to offer you kits of plates in different sizes and thicknesses to ensure electrical insulation between your equipment.
MIDSUN® silicone insulating materials : in this section you will find several ranges of products allowing the protection of electrical installations against the presence of land animals and birds.
MIDSUN® is the world leader in 4th generation industrial silicone applications for electrical substations. MIDSUN® silicone is resistant to UV radiation, temperature variations, high insulating capacity, corrosive environments and aluminium hydroxide pitting caused by arcing. MIDSUN®'s avifauna expertise is available in 4 product ranges:
E/TAPE - E/FOURREAU - E/PLAQUE - E/COVER : a complete range of rolls, sheaths, plates and covers made of semi-rigid silicone that allows you to protect your posts from animal or plant intrusion with a very simple use and implementation. Without glue, this solution has a very good longevity thanks to the properties of MIDSUN® silicone. All bare live parts of a substation can be equipped: busbars, HV cable heads, stripped cables, insulators, surge arresters...
TECHNIKELEC® markets the medium voltage insulators of the PPC Insulators brand :
PPC Insulators is a market leader in insulators and a specialist in porcelain solutions, marketing high quality products with tight tolerances and shorter manufacturing times, for applications up to 1200 kV AC (Alternating Current) and 1100 kV DC (Direct Current).
Our insulators are designed for high mechanical strength and have extended leakage paths. They are designed and manufactured in accordance with electrical standards and ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. Our standard references are available from stock.
Teflon has very interesting insulating properties for the electrical industry. You will soon find in this section sheets of different sizes and thicknesses ensuring a very good electrical insulation between 2 equipments placed one on top of the other. In particular, for the insulation of the tank mass of transformers.
E/PEINTISO silicone paint is a real solution for providing insulating protection to your equipment or industrial sites.
- Prevents power system failures and animal damage,
- Has high dielectric strength,
- Simply apply in one coat,
- Has excellent atmospheric and chemical resistance,
- Becomes hard, without tearing of the coating.